Temple B’nai Israel Congregation
Temple B’nai Israel is the center of a warm, inclusive and progressive Jewish community. Located on the Maryland mid-shore, our membership reflects and welcomes into the Temple family the rich diversity in contemporary America. Temple B’nai Israel celebrates the beauty of Jewish holidays, rituals, culture and programming as a united community.
The Rabbi, leadership and membership are committed to create a Jewish environment where all who seek attachment to the Jewish community can:
- participate in holiday celebration and explore Jewish rituals and customs;
- educate and inspire our children to embrace Judaism and link themselves to the Jewish people;
- conduct adult study of Jewish resources for personal, intellectual, and spiritual growth;
- care for those in need (tzedakah);
- respond to issues of ecology and the environment by being shomrei adamah, caring for the earth and being guardians of God’s creation.
- engage in social action, promote understanding and good will between ourselves and the larger community, including the discovery of interfaith connections (tikkun olam);
- recognize the State of Israel as the homeland of the Jewish People.
We are guided by our affiliation and involvement with the Union for Reform Judaism.